RSS

I’m a fan without a band.

21 Apr

The more I think about this whole thing, the more disappointed I am. I cannot believe they took the site down and that the twitter account was simply changed to something else. It’s like wanting to erase someone’s memory.

The band did exist, they have a history, they have fans. The fact that the band is no longer active does not mean their fans don’t want a place where they can congregate and share their passion. I feel betrayed, as a fan, that everything just changed names, with no regards for my feelings and devotion to a certain band I used to love and respect.

I know, they, the members of the band, are hurt. They are going through a lot and they are lost at the moment. I understand that. I feel for them. And I know the fans feel divided and lost, and have a need to do something to show their support or how much they are mourning everything that happened. I get it. But really? Is this the best way to go?

Do you know The Beatles? Have you ever heard of them? Do you know that the band is no longer active? Do you also know that there are still websites and even a twitter account devoted to the band? Do you know that people still listen to and quote their songs? Do you know why? Because the band is and always will be alive in their fans’ hearts.

I’m a fan of a band who shows no regards for the fan I am. I want the websites back. I want the twitter back. I want to be able to post on twitter “Listening to Wings on Fire by @100MonkeysMusic” and have people reply to my tweet. I want us to talk about the good old times and all the concerts we’ve been to. I saw them play live 12 times. That’s pretty awesome. And I refuse to let it go. I want to have a place in this virtual world that is the internet to shout my respect and love for the band that was a part of so many great memories.

New band, no band, I really couldn’t care less at the moment. I just want the band to exist again, active or not. I just want people to stop trying to erase my memory. I’m Joel Barisherased from existence. I’m Telly Paretta looking for something I know existed and was taken away from me. I just want my memories back.

About these ads

18 Comments

Posted by on April 21, 2012 in Just Venting Away

Tags: , , , , , , ,

18 responses to “I’m a fan without a band.

1. mouse555

April 21, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Completely agree! There are still sites out there that are supporting the band as were. Unofficial for example. Its almost like a safe haven at the moment!

• RedheadCarol

April 21, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Yeah, but most of them quickly changed their names, and that makes me really sad.
      Cheers to the few that are still there.

2. riatarded

April 21, 2012 at 6:58 pm

wow ok, I have no idea who they are but still that’s not a very nice thing to do. How can they just delete it? Very odd!

Also: nudge nudge 1 more week till deadline of The Uninspired Chronicles :p haha x

• RedheadCarol

April 21, 2012 at 7:02 pm

The band is (was) awesome! But their manager did a lot of bad things. She’s supposed to have a lot of experience as a manager, though, so it’s really odd.
      One week?? Shoot. I need to work on it. Thanks for reminding me!

• riatarded

April 21, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Oh wait! Is it the same lady you talked about in your ‘unprofessional’ post?

Yes! you are welcome!:)

haha I am trying to remind people without being annoying. I hope it’s working :P

• RedheadCarol

April 21, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Yep, the same one.
        I needed a reminder. I would have missed it.

3. snarkysarcasticbish

April 21, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Reblogged this on Snarky Sarcastic Bish!!!.

4. snarkysarcasticbish

April 21, 2012 at 7:10 pm

hey darling, i love ur blog, its just sad the way things happened, btw i reblogged ya, i love getting different views on things, thanks sweetie

• RedheadCarol

April 21, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I also love your blog. I read all the updates on email.
      You can reblog my posts any time. :)
      I also love to get different points of view. It’s one of the great things of life, that not all of us think the same way. :)

5. LaurieWhitlock

April 21, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I agree 100% with you, I think that its wrong that there is no long a place to remember all the fin that we had when it was still the 100 Monkeys.

• RedheadCarol

April 21, 2012 at 7:32 pm

It is a sad thing. Hopefully they’ll get it back up for us.

6. Debbie

April 21, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I am also sad not to have the official site and twitter for 100 Monkeys, but who would run it? Legal issues took the site and twitter down so it would not be likely that any of the band members or staff would bring it back up. (and I am not saying this to judge anyone in this situation).

• RedheadCarol

April 21, 2012 at 8:47 pm

They could just not use the site for a while. Later, with all legal issues resolved, they (the former members of the band) could decide what to do. Taking it down was not a smart move. Plus, the twitter was simply renamed with the new band’s name. They could’ve left it alone and just created a new twitter account. Plus, several fan sites were also renamed.

7. Debbie

April 21, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Oh, I didn’t know you meant all fan sites. I thought you were only addressing the official ones.
    I hope they do think about standing up the site again, but having been in a similar situation (friends in an organization that dissolved under bad circumstances) it will probably not happen at all or take a very long time.

8. Lori

April 21, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Legalities respected and all but, it’s been like forced upon amnesia. As if WE as fans never existed. I’m pretty sure I’m flesh and blood and pretty sure I can see and touch the merch and music I’ve purchased from a band called 100 Monkeys.